Friday, February 6, 2009

January 6, 2009


Meet Cage... He is the latest edition to our family. His story is rather unique and you'll understand how he got his name if you read on.
We have a rabbit problem in our area. They have chewed the wires in our van causing transmission trouble 3 or 4 times now, thus costing a lot of money to repair it! Our neighbors gave us a small animal cage to catch the rabbits and place them elsewhere... We have this cage set up with no bait outside our garage. One snowy morning near the end of December, my husband came in from outside and said we caught a cat in our cage... I, being the cat lover I am, said bring it in let me see! He did and I fell in love with him. We checked with other neighbors and they said it wasn't their cat, therefore, he became our cat. We've have now had the ear mites treated, had him neutered and de-clawed so now he's now a perfect inside kitty! He and Scruffy have issues every now and then, but I think they are learning to co-exist now which is a really good thing.

2 comments:

Jo-Anne Price said...

He looks like a sweetheart and the story is precious!

Pam said...

What a sweet face. I'm glad you got to keep him.